Saturday, July 22, 2017

Semana 2 - The Second Days at the MTC

Hi - It's Seth's mom and I want you to know that I send Seth's emails as they come to me . . . no editing or spell checking, etc.  You may not know that Seth is a horrible speller and I know he is typing on a tablet, which makes it harder to type correctly.  So please forgive the grammatical errors.  You know with Seth, what you see is what you get!

Hey everyone!

This week was super long but also really short if you want the truth. Let's see. It was made known to me that I needed to give more details about my companion. Elder Moser is from Salem, UT, more specifically in woodland hills. He is a football player and he broke his back a couple if years ago in football. Needless to say, he's a trooper. He is coming along in Spanish really well and he is a hard worker (when we want to work hard). We 're able to laugh and have a good time but also feel the spirit and work hard. My room mates are Edlers Myatt and Torres. They re super fun guys. They are from Colorado and Alaska respectively.

But Spanish is coming along really well for the entire district. We can introduce our selves, ask questions about others and their beliefs, testify about thruths and pray in Spanjsh already. I have memorized a missionarys purpose, Joseph Smith's first Vision, Moroni 10:4-5, and the Invitation to baptism all in spanish as well! Anything is possible here when you have the Spirit with you it's crazy! We can speak to each other in the District very well in Spanish as well and it's really great! It's super fun to be able to have the option and ability to speak in another language to others, especially after only 9 days! As I said last week we are in a pilot program and so as a consequence, we have been speaking Spanish in the class and then just keep on speaking it in our lives. We are kinda on a self lead learning curve. We have to learn according to our own ability and desire. I've learned a bunch. We also were supposed to have this end on this Saturday actually, but due to its astounding success, the development group in the mtc over our program have decided to extend it to the full six weeks just to see what we are capable of. I'm super excited about it and in really pumped to see how far we can go.

In my personal study for the weeks here j have been reading the Book of Mormon over again. I made a goal to re-read the whole thing before I leave the MTC on the 21st of August. That means about 100 pages a week which is what I've been striving for. It's not that bad and I'm killing it haha. It really love it Book of Mormon. I know that it us really the work of God and I can see plainly and clearly how it is another testament of Jesus Christ. Something that really stood out to me in my reading is the faithfulness of Laban's servant Zoram. Despite the confusion and murmuring of all the others in their party, Zoram remained faithful and the Lord blessed home for his efforts. If you all haven't read or re-read the Book of Mormon, I would highly encourage it. It's the work of God and a great way to live your life during this summertime.

We have just been working like all the time everyday. We have about six to seven hours of language classes throughout any given week day, which can be really hard. But it's super great and I feel great during my classes I can feel the spirit so strongly here an d this place is a Sacred Place. The peace and comfort I have felt here is second only to the the Temple of the Lord. And then Saturday is preparation day and it rocks because I can finally do laundry (because I need to) and email (because I want to) and I want to let y'all know that I'm alive haha. We get our exercize time now and its the best. They took away volleyball because of the tours adn volleyball is my jam (eventhough Im terrible) and so we have been playing four square as a consquence and its been pretty good. Im pretty good because of all our family four square events.

Just to let y'all know, I can receive and read emails anytime of the week, but I can only respond on Saturday so I'm not ignoring y'all I'm just busy haha, also, I can recieve mail here too! Letters in the mail mean so much! let me know if you need my address while I am here in Utah!!

To conclude, I feel so very happy and I am not homesick or distracted by home or anything. This place is a sacred and loving place. I am so glad I have decided to serve a mission and serve not only the people of Chicago, but also the Lord and myself as well. I love everyone in my district and the love and peace here is incredible. I love all of you all and I hope that yall are all doing well! If you have the time or desire, shoot me an email telling me about your life right now! I would love to continue to hear about you all and the adventures yall are going on!

Something funny I just overheard while doing Laundry was an Elder complaining about how tired he was. His companion said, "You can sleep when your dead Elder! We are on a Mission!!" To which another Elder responded "We wont get to sleep for we will have work to do then!" and everyone was like ooooooohhh he got you guys! as you can see, the mission life requires a certain amount of slap-happiness and humor and we have all achieved that through our long and hard worked days...

Anyway, love yall and I hope that everything is going well for everyone!!!

As always,

Elder Tracy

PHOTOS:  Here's our whole district, Elder Myatt finishing off a chocolate milk bag, and me and Elder Torres a great roommate




No comments:

Post a Comment