Monday, December 18, 2017

We might have broken a commandment

De cierto, de cierto os digo, que aconteció que esta semana era super bien

But really this week was awesome. I loved it so much it was glorious haha. But so many wonderful things happened. First off, Elder Osorio and I are staying together another transfer! We didn't get a transfer call last night os that means we are chilling for another 7 weeks in Chi 2 super pumped. Another awesome thing was that this week, we got a lot of good work done. We found so many people with really good potential and I'm super excited to see where this takes us! But we found a bunch of really cool people who have a bunch of potential. Also, Elder Osorio have been working super well together this week. During planning, and companionship study, we are just doing well and I'm feeling the spirit so much more and stronger and it's awesome. I love it.

One of our homies in the ward Armando, he took the elders out to burger King and he had these coupons that got us so much good food and it was amazing. We each eat like three burgers and we had food to spare! It was awesome. We took a picture and Elder Morse looked really funny in it and so we then took a photo to make fun of it and it was probably one of the greatest things ever. Later in the week we were riding through this town square of a place and they had a bunch of Christmas lights up. And it was super cool so we stopped and got some wonderful photos of them hahaha Also my boy Elder English got in a bike incident and he may or may not be low-key dying haha but these last couple of days he has been a little out of it and it's super funny to see what he is saying from time to time.

 By now you may be wondering what the subject line means. Well you see, our investigator, Betty, invited us over on the 12th on Tuesday. She told us that her family was gonna be there and that she would give us food. So we said OK. We get there and we sit down and talk with some of her friends for a minute or so and then everyone else comes into the room. And we are just like oh no somethings gonna happen. And then they turn to this giant photo of the virgin Guadalupe and then they started praying in Spanish as the catholics do. And then 45 minutes later, they ended and Elder Osorio and I,  being the little mormon boys we are, were super confused. So we ate some dank tamales and then we spilt.  So that's the story of how we low key worshiped idols and thus broke one of the ten commandments.

Also, I just found out recently that my grandpa, who has been suffering with ALS, or Lou Gherigs Disease, for a considerable amount of time, finally passed away this weekend. This isn't coming as a suprise to us, but it's something hard regardless. But I have taken comfort and solace in the fact that he really is in a better place. He was able to leave his disease ridden body and move one step closer to the perfected body he will inherit in the next life. I know I'll see my grandpa again. I know ill be able to talk to him again. I know he is happier than he could have ever been in this life. The plan of salvation is important and it has never played a bigger part in my life than right now. I am so glad that I have always had this knowledge of life after death. I love all of you. I hope that this letter finds you well, and if you've made it this far in my email, that yall are happy. Have a good week. Remember the reason for the season.

As always,

Elder Tracy

PHOTOS
Here we are at burger King with Armando
The after photo of Elder Morses beauty
Here we are at Betty's house where she gave us these Buñelos which is like a funnel cake that is as thin as a piece of paper. It's a giant frosted flake haha
I found this giant ice blob on the side of a house and it was super cool to me so here you are. 
Here are some Christmas lights we found





No comments:

Post a Comment