Monday, March 4, 2019

Hot and Cold

Hey Everyone!

This was yet another great week out here in Naperville. A very very chilly one but a good one none the less.

We finally got to meet with Christy this week! So Christy has been going through some hard times recently and her "second mother" is a member of the church in another stake and she asks if Christy wants a blessing and we give her the blessing last week and it was aweomse. We then were able to follow the spirit (because Elder Lewis is a legend and follows the Spirit) and stop by on Tuesday and got in contact with her and we were able to teach her the Restoration of the Gospel and she loved it and is super excited to read the Book of Mormon! We are way way excited and we are going to be teaching her again tomorrow with her other member friends who live down the street. Heavenly Father has been preparing this woman for yeahs to receive the gospel. And now it's finally time!

We also were able to go on Exchanges with the Zone Leaders this week! It was awesome. I love being district leader. But I went on exchanges with Elder Olschewski (I know right? pronounced ole-chef-ski) And holy smokes he's a legend. we had a really great time on Friday. We forgot to take a picture but we will get one soon! We were able to do a lot of door knocking and we finished strond with an awesome impromptu lesson and pizza from a member. It was an awesome time. Would recommend.

It was also a pretty cold week for us out here in Naperville. It was in the teens essentially the whole week and it was aweomse. We got really chilly several times this week and we had a lot of fun being chilly. But it also has been a little detramental for my health... I think I got the flu. and bad haha I got the Flu shot this year but apparently it's been too long and I got got. I am in a high fever state and it's been really fun still. So hot and cold haha it's been fun. but yesterday and today have been awesome.

But things here are going really well. I am loving the work and the people are aweomse (even when they are mean to us) really I think this is the purpose in some regards of a mission: to teach us the attributes of Christ and they have 2 years to develop them and apply them so that when the situation presents it self in the future, we are ready to love those in need of love and help those in need of help. The Church is true and the Book of Mormon is devinately more of the word of God and helps us draw closer to God more than any other book.

As always,

Elder Tracy

PHOTOS
I found my street!
I got a package from my mom and it's a mug! from the greatest place on earth


No comments:

Post a Comment