Monday, August 14, 2017

Semana 5 - The Fifth Days at the MTC

HELLO MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY

I have had an amazing week here in the Greatest Place in the entire world. I freaking love it here. The othe missionaries that we get to talk to and communicate with and teach and all this stuff is awesome. 

So a couple of questions to answer. So I was District Leader for my District. This means that I was the leader of these 10 amazing missionaries and it was great. My duties included things such as starting classes and getting the mail for the district and then also attending Branch Council for an hour on Sunday Mornings and it was a very interesting experience. I loved it a lot. But half way through a District's 6 Week stay here, the DL gets changed out and so I was replaced by Elder Butler, from Orem UT. He is a great guy and he is who I would have wanted to replace me so the Branch President made the right call. I typically get settled down for bed by 10:45 PM and I wake up at 6:30 AM (if not earlier) and thats a good nights sleep. The days are getting so short in my mind. The time just keeps flying by me faster and faster. Today marks exactly one Month ago that I entered the MTC and it really doesnt seem as though it has been that long. It really feels like that I have been here for a solid two weeks. 

ELDER DAVID A BEDNAR CAME TO THE MTC ON SUNDAY AND HE HAD A Q AND A SESSION WITH ALL THE MISSIONARIES AND IT WAS THE COOLEST THING EVER MY GOODNESS SO GLAD IT HAPPENED.

My Spanish is flying along now. I think that I can speak the language pretty well and it is awesome to see how the relationship between having the Spirit with you and the ability to speak the Language play into my life. One day, we had personal study time before one of our lessons and I was reading in the Book of Mormon, and I was reading in Mosiah and I really could understand what I was reading and I could feel the hand of the Lord in my life. I could feel the Spirit burning in my heart and mind. I had a clear mind and everything was great. We then went and Taught a lesson and it was the greatest lesson we had ever taught. Our investigator, Flor, was asking us a bunch of great questions and Elder Moser and I were able to answer her questions in pretty decent Spanish and it was AWESOME. WITH THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD AND GOD BEHIND YOU, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. But really, I can get to know someone, bear my testimony, invite people to action, share and read the scriptures, explain the Principles in Preach my Gospel and a bunch of other things. I love the Spanish Language. Reading Moses 1:39 in Spanish is an eye opening experience for me. The words just make sense.  Also one time, I was reading 3 Nephi 11 in Spanish one night after a long day and I could read and understand all the words in the chapter and it was a really amazing thing for me.  

Another fun thing, my class got a new class room in the new building of the MTC. We are on the First Floor of T4 East and it is awesome. There are windows and the room is about 4 times bigger and it is awesome. We got a new room because another Pilot Language District came in this week so we got a new class and they got our old one. RIP them. But we also got to talk to these new Elders in this new District. They are pretty cool guys. We then got to go on spilts with them and go out into the "streets" of the MTC and practice contacting people. I got paired with an Elder Klienman. He was really cool and super excited to be here. So he would speak to these people and I would translate into English for him and then the People would respond in english and it was an awesome experience. 

Elder Moser and I are getting along really pretty well still. Some of the Elders in our district disagree with their companions by now, but Elder Moser and I are still going strong. We get along well, we teach well, we speak well, we laugh at eachother and ourselves. Its a great experience for me and I hope him. Elder Moser is the funniest kid ever and he has such a strong testimony of the Church and the peace and comfort that the Church can bring to some one. I have learned so much from him and I think he has learned some stuff from me too. 

We leave the MTC on the 21st of August. That means that I have about 9 days here left. Also we got our travel plans for the flight out to Chicago. I leave the MTC at 3:50 AM on Monday the 21st and then I have about a 3 hour flight to Chicago. I am so pumped for the opportunity to be able to serve God and his People. So pumped. 

So the three Elders who are going to Mexico recieved some water filtration bottle in their first day stuff. So they wanted to try them out. So Elders Butler and Torres filled their water bottles from the big new fountian feature in the courtyard of the new buildings. So this water ended up being like yellow and they were like crap we might die but oh well. So they drank the water and they are still alive and so it was one of the most interesting things that happened this week ngl. 

We also got to go to the temple today and it was awesome to go and see that everything in the Church is the same no matter where you go. I love this Gospel and all the things that are happening in my life right now!!!

I hope you all know how much I love and miss you all. I really appreciate all the letters and packages and emails that you all send. But as always, I would love to hear from you all some time!

And to end off this week, I will bear my testimony in Spanish.

Yo sé que Jesucristo vive y yo sé que Dios es nuestro Padre Celestial y somos hijos de Dios . Tambien, a trevés de Jesucristo, podemos volver a Dios un día y viviremos con nuestras familias. Yo sé que José Smith fue un profeta y él traducio el Libro de Mormon. Sé que el Libro de Mormon es verdadero y podemos ver el amor y poder de Dios y Jesucristo en este libro. Hay más cosas, pero no tengo el tiempo a escribirlas. Espero que ustedes lean estas cosas....

I love all of you and I hope you all are doing well in your lives. 

As always, 

Elder Tracy

Here are some photos. In no particular order, We made a chair tower and it was awesome. Elder Butler and Torres filling bottles (elder butler is facing the camera). Here is the entire district in our new room with one of out teachers on his last day with us (Hermano Christiansen) and some pictures of about half the district at the temple.





No comments:

Post a Comment