Monday, August 7, 2017

Semena 4 - The Fourth Days in the MTC

Hello, Everyone!!

I am so glad that you all have been receiving my emails!! I really hope that you are all doing well in your lives. I love all of you and I pray that all of you have the best week ever!!!

So but lets see. These weeks fly by in what seem like days now. It feels just like yesterday that I was emailing you all again. 

But on Sunday, we got to go on a temple walk to the Provo Temple and have a good time as a zone chilling and singing and getting to know people better. We also had a devotional and it was powerful. We watched this talk that Elder Holland had given at one point at the MTC and it changed my life. The chastisement and godly sorrow and spirit that he conveys transcend all the years and multimedia platforms. It was crazy. But it was awesome.

We have just been chugging along with learning Spanish and the teaching skills we will need to teach people in Spanish. I really am impressed by the spirit and the progress we have made with the Lord's Help. Elder Moser and I have been teaching an investigator named Flor. She is from Peru and she is enrolled at BYU for an English learning program. She speaks Spanish so fast and she likes to mumble and it can be really challenging to understand her and her feelings at times. But we have been relying on the Spirit and listening to what the Spirit says she needs and it has been an amazing experience. But we love Flor. She is simply the best. She keeps her commitments and our invitations. But on Thursday, We had our best lesson so far. We taught her the restoration and the First Vision and it was so powerful. I began to tear up as I recounted the First vision of Joseph Smith. She was super receptive and really willing to understand and accept what we were saying to her and it rocked. We also taught her about our Modern day prophet and his 12 Apostles and it was so powerful. It was honestly one of the highlights of my week. 

Our Zone has become more receptive to us and they all like to talk to us and we are becoming really good friends with all the others in our Zone and having a good time learning how to help and lift up the others in need of help. I love this place and all the support we have here. 

Our district had the opportunity to help with the Tours of the MTC that are occurring. So Elder Moser and I got to be starters in the MTC. So that means we get to stand in the Lobby of the MTC and welcome people as they enter and tell them how wonderful this place really is and what they should expect. It was an amazing 4 hours of standing and talking. I really had a blast doing that. We ran into a bunch of people that we knew. For example, I ran into my Sister Allison and her boyfriend, Tanner and that was really awesome!!! IT was awesome to see them! I also got to see Taylor and Jacob High from Texas! It is so cool to see people I know here!!

Also I have ran into a bunch of other missionaries that I know. I have found Elders Bruce, Swingle, McKimmey, Jones, and Baker. I have also run in  to various people from EFY from various years and it has been really cool to see all these people that I know serving the lord too. 

We also got hair cuts this week and that was the freaking BOM.COM. They legit took like ten minutes and it was over and good lookin to so thats that. 

P DAY. We got early to go to the temple again and it was freaking awesome. I love that place so much and the joy and spirit there is awesome. I also love going with my District because its a nice stress relief in the grand scheme of things. Its just nice to enjoy the spirit peacefully. We then went off to play Volleyball with our Zone and it was super fun and cool out and it was super fun.My team lost every time but who is counting and it was super fun though so what does it matter really?? hahaha

But really I have had the time of my life here and it is the best way for me to spend the next two years. I love this gospel and the Lord and Jesus Christ as well. I love everything that has happened here. This is the best experience I have had in my life. 

I love all of you and I hope that you all have the best week ever. If you want to, send me a note about how youre doing!! I would love to stay in touch with yall!!!

As always, 


Elder Tracy

Photos: (in no particular order) Our district, me and Elder Bruce, the TEMPLE AND ME, HAIR CUT DAY CREW





No comments:

Post a Comment