Monday, September 11, 2017

Semana 9 - Oh Está Todo Bien

Hola mis amigos y querido familia, cómo están?

I'm so very grateful for all the love and support that y'all all send my way. I heart still goes out to all those in Houston affected by the flooding and the rains. Every time someone here asks me where I'm from and I say Houston, their faces change and they always ask me how my friends and family are doing. Everyone here is praying for your safety and well being. I know I am at least!

Well this week was really another awesome week. So much has happened this week and I really can't explain all that has happened so I will just share a couple of highlights with y'all! 

On Monday, we had the opportunity to give priesthood blessings to the four children of this part member family in our ward. They were so appreciative and haply and we were so glad tk be able tk help. I love being able and worthy to hold and use the priesthood authority of God which I hold to bless and help all of God's children. 

On Tuesday, we went tracking and contacting for a solid 5 hours. It was awesome but super hard work. We made some really good contacts and also some bad ones. But it's okay really, we are trying and showing our faith to God. As we were about to finish, this lady in her car calls out to us in English and asks what church we belong to. We respond the Mormon Church and she says she is having doubts about the Catholic church and wanted to stop us to see if we could help her. We got her info so who knows? I also got my first Blister of the mission on my heel! When Elder Garcia saw it the next day he was blown away how I had managed to get one of that magnitude haha.

I also LOVE riding my bike here. I'll admit that the fist week or so it was super scary because cars and 18 wheelers will fly past you about a foot or two away from you and it's a little nerve racking but it's so much fun now. My bike is so awesome and I love riding it's so freeing and efficient here in the city. Whatley Family, you'll be happy to know that the bike light you gave me is in good use and has helped me not die from a car! 

My mom wanted to know about my apartment and so here we go. It's awesome simply put. We have a front room where we have two tables and a couch set up for studies and lounging. We then continue through the home to see the bathroom, and our bedroom and our other room for storage etc. We have a kitchenette with a stove and a sink and some cabinets. We have a dinner table and some chairs as one would expect from an apartment. There's then a back door and there's a small mud room where we put our bikes in. It's a good little place and it also has Wi-Fi so we can use our Gospel Library and LDS.ORG resources. Which is really nice for studies. 

Oh yeah, and do you guys remember that family I told you about that was looking for a church? We taught them the restoration on Friday and Adam, the husband, ate it all up and was super interested and his wife, Lilia was a little apprehensive but interested none the less. So we invited them to church on Sunday, and they showed up! I was actually jumping in the Foyer when I say them pull up! I think Adam really enjoyed his time there and was fascinated at him much we focus on the family. We didn't get to see much of Lilia because she was helping her two special needs sons feel comfortable and safe in primary and then she was in relief society, so we don't know that much... But I'm super excited for them! We have another appointment on Friday so we will see! 

There's a beloved hymn in our church entitled "Come, Come Ye Saints" which has been a great comfort to me in my struggles. And in Spanish, it is entitled, "Oh Está Todo Bien" which translated, means literally, oh, everything is well. And nothing seems more fitting for my life right now. Yeah it's hard work, I miss home sometimes, but I'm more excited to share the happiness of the Gospel with others. I'm here and glad to be here. I love it here and more importantly, I love our God and his plan for us all. That's why I'm here. 

I love all of you and I pray for you all everyday and I hope you're all doing well.

As always, 

Elder Tracy 

Here is our book shelf that I re organized. I think it looks good.
My desk for studies and other stuff!
For all of my Elf fans out there, there is a street a few blocks away from our house and it has a name that's "fun to say" 






No comments:

Post a Comment