Monday, March 12, 2018

A week

Why Hello everyone! Hope yall had an awesome week!

My week was interesting I guess, we started out strong with ZONE CONFERENCE. Which is my favorite ever. WE learned a bunch about how we can listen to the spirit better and be better goal setters and plan makers. It was really good because it was a bunch of things I needed to hear. We then also had some fun stories from President Bingham life told to us and then he related it back to our missionary work and it was really eye opening to a few things for me. It was a super good zone conference.

Then the week just kind of turned from there. We didn't have a super good week after that. We had days where we had a super full day lined up and then everything would cancel and we would be left with nothing but door knocking and stop bys. And we weren't able to have a lot of the usual success from that either. It was just a weird week. But we had a really powerful experience that humbled me a lot. On one of the days where everything had fallen through, we called one homie family to see if we could come by and share something with them. And they said yes! So we were pumped. And we get there and they were all kinda acting weird. And about half the family isn't there. We kinda get talking and the dad starts into the story of how apparently they all got into this pretty big fight and how the mom and three of the kids left the house in anger. So then as we are talking about this, the mom suddenly comes in to the home with her mother and she starts taking out like all of her belongings and packing them and taking them out to the car. And we are like oh no what is happening. The grandma and the dad start disagreeing in the kitchen and then one of the kids gets called in and then Elder Osorio and I are just left in the living room watching the mom come in and go out with her stuff. So after a minute we decide to leave and call it there. But it was a really humbling experience for me. Even though our day was not super good, there is ALWAYS someone with a worse day. I walked away from that house definitely a changed man.

I have recently been studying a lot about the importance of having the Spirit of the Lord with us throughout our lives. And obviously there are benefits of having it as a missionary, but even as a normal person there are so many benefits that are awesome. I know that the best way to find peace and happiness is through the Companionship of the spirit and also through Jesus christ. I know that we can find peace in christ and even when we think we are having the worst day or things are just terrible, someone else understands, because he has been there before.

Sorry this weeks email was a little bleak and such but I love yall and I hope you have the best week you can! Make it a good one for me!

As always,

Elder Tracy

PHOTOS
Elder Osorio and I waiting at the train stop under these magical heating lamps. It's awesome.
Here I am waiting for the bus. Super interesting pictures this week j know but

No comments:

Post a Comment