Monday, August 27, 2018

The Gospel is Sweet

Hey Yall! This was yet another fantastic week here in the great city of Chicago (even though I'm still in the burbs it's awesome)

But to start, we have been working on this new fangled idea of Daily Contacting which means that we try to pass by the people we are teaching at least every day and if not as often as possible. And it's been awesome! We have been working really hard and talking tk everyone! There's this one trailer park that we are teaching some people in and we like tripped the amount of people we are teaching in there! We went from like 4 people to almost 10 in three days! And we were only there just talking to people who are out and about! We also found some youth who are pretty interested in learning more about the Book of Mormon and how it can help them feel peace in their lives! It's awesome!

This week we also got to go on exchanged again! Elder English came over here again with me in Arlington Heights and we had a blast! We had an awesome district meeting and then we came home and ended up having a phenomenal Companionship Study and we went and talked to everyone and it was super fun! One of the people we are teaching, Edgar, he has this giant knife he left me hold and we actually really excited to show me haha great guy. But Elder English is an awesome Zone Leader and he taught me a lot of great things!

So talking again about finding people, we went to go find one of our friends we are teaching out here and he was talking to his neighbors and we felt a little awkward just going up and talking tk them all but why not? We get talking and they eventually ask us why we are here and we describe our purpose and that we share messages about Jesus Christ with others. And they seemed a little hesitant but they agreed to let us come back in like 20 minutes. So we went and then came back and we sat down and they had so many questions for us. It was fun! We shared the Book of mormon and the parents were not having that idea, but thier daughters were instantly defending the book and what it is. We showed them the additional commentary of Christ's Baptism in 2 Nephi 31 and also in Matthew 3. Then the dad pulls out his bible and tries to shut us down, but then I ask to see his bible and I just kept pulling out scripture, after scripture on this guy, saying the otherwise. And eventually he seemed pretty convinced that we knew what we were talking about and they told us to come back tonight so we are gonna go back and see what happens! (I really like using the scriptures and I also love reading them all)

Thanks you all for reading this far, (if you have and you still read my emails yall are the homies) I hope you enjoined it a little! This week here is the last week fo the transfer and so next week I'll be telling you all where I'll be headed off to next! I think I'll stay but who knows? But I love you all and I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and all that He does for us! He lives!

As always,

Elder Tracy

PHOTOS
We ate this really hot salsa and we survived (ft. German and Maya)
The big knife
Elder English and I after exchanges
Elder Fry and I in the car!
The gospel is Sweet!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment