Monday, January 28, 2019

Snow and cold and hearing problems

Hey Everyone!

This was a chilly week out here. Holy smokes we spend proba lynway too much time outside and it was probably not the best move for our health, but, Heavenly Father has definately been hearing my prayers asking for the health and energy to keep going! I haven't had so much as a runny nose! He's been looking out for us! 

So this week was new experience for me driving in the snow! That's right! My Companion, Elder Lewis, from Utah, lost his driving privileges a while ago because he decided to run a car into a garage haha so I've been driving here all the time and let me tell yall something: it's wild. We have this little front wheel drive Malibu and there's some slipping and sliding that's been had recently haha its been awesome.

But we went on exchanges this week and it was AMAZING. I got to go to Joliet 2 branch with ELDER JIMENEZ (THE LEGEND HIMSELF) We had a Flipping blast and it was awesome for me because it was a Spanish area and I got to speak the celestial language of Spanish with people and I was in heaven. We got to eat MOLE at a recent converts house and I was so happy. MOLE people MOLE. I was just as happy as could be. We met a homie at a supermercado named Fidel and they are now teaching  him! I'm so pumped! I helped find him! (at this point I have to take whatever Spanish work I can get) I had a great time and I made a new homie that day. 

Funny story of the week: we were out knocking doors and we knock this one door of this little old white lady and she opens the door and potliety asks what she can do for us. We respond that we are missionaries sharing a message of Jesus Christ and the Restoration of his Church upon the earth. She opens the door and says your doing what? So we reiterate our purpose and she says, and I quote: "I can't hear you, it's too cold outside." and proceeds to close the door waving us away hahahahah I died laughing at that one. Some white people are so mean and then there was her ahahah it was awesome.

But this week was awesome because of Steve. Steve is a 19 year old kid who asked a friend of his if he could come to chruch with him. Ryan, this señor in high-school said of course and he has come for the past three weeks to chrucb because he feels good here. We taught him the restoration on Friday and it was a spiritual outpouring for us. It was an amazing lesson and he is so cool. We are so excited to keep working with him and get him baptised here soon! Our new ward mission leader, brother Hansen is literally the greatest. He served I  Guatamala (Guata-mejorando) and it's awesome to speak with him in Spanish and reflect on the good day with the latinos man it's awesome.

But things are definitely going well here. I'm being tried in a good way by el Señor Omnipotente en mi fe y esperanza. Hay que reconocer los milagros en la vida, verdad?

As always, 

Elder Tracy 

PHOTOS 
Dang awesome graffiti in Joliet 
Elder Jimenez and I 
We made a dank dinner of steak and pasta (all of which was given to us!) 



No comments:

Post a Comment