Monday, October 16, 2017

A Wet and Wild Week

Hello all my dearest friends and family!

This week has been a crazy ride. We have done a lot of work. But it has been raining super hard and cold this week. So it's been super fun!

We have just been contacting people really because we don't really have investigators. We have three 'investigators' but they are these super flakey and hard to find. For example, one of them Betty, sells tamales on the weekends in the mornings and we called her and she said that we could come and find here. We said ok and she told us a time and a place. We go there and she is no where to be found. So we call her and she doesn't answer and we stop by her house and no one is home. So. That was good. So we are trying to find people interested in learning about our message! It's really hard because a lot of these people think we are the police and scurry away from us and one lady said she doesn't want to go to a white church, to which we explained that our congregation is almost all Mexican and she said she didn't believe us and walked off. So good week for that. Also the rain makes it easy to knock doors because everyone is inside their house! We we have had some success with that. I don't know exactly. Hopefully next week I can report about how many people we have found.

Adam and Lilia, the people Elder Garcia and I found in the street about 6 weeks ago, have both agreed to be baptized and they are on date for the 28th! I'm so excited for them even though I am no longer in their ward nor area! I'm so glad they are taking that step toward salvation!

Since Elder Farrer and I have only been out for two months now, we are having to just throw ourselves out there and convey our messages as best we can. Our Spanish is actually pretty decent and we can communicate pretty decently with the people here it's pretty awesokme. We are just waiting on people to be a little bit interested!

But things are pretty good here. I'm really loving Chicago and the South Side because it's the place to be. Everyonenhere freaks out whennthey see elder farrer or I speaking spanish and its awesome. Bht everyone thinks we are the police so they are hesitant to talk to us...  but it's all good. I also LOVE the Gospel of Jesus Christ and all the blessingsnthat come along with it. I am so eager to share this message with people here if they listen haha. I love y'all and hope you're doijng okay! Next week I hope to habe more to talk about!

As always

Elder Tracy

PHOTOS
Here are some *quality* photos of me on last p day when we went to the Field Museum and downtown a little! I'll make sure To send some more next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment