Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Semana 12 - General Conference and Transfers

Hello hello all my friends and family!

I hope that all is well for you in all of your respective lives and wherever you may be right now! But this week was pretty good. We did a good amount of things so here we go.

On Monday, which was last p day, we went to Burlington and I bought a winter jacket! I'm so excited! I'm getting ready for winter but in the same instant I have no clue what is happening for winter...

Since this was the last week of the transfer, our Zone Leader was frantically trying to get in his exchanges he needed for the transfer. So I was on exchanges for a day wherein a taught elder Basilio how to contact people in the street and in their homes. He was absolutely clueless haha but it was a good time.

So also this weekend was amazing. We had the wonderful opportunity to watch General Conference and to hear from God's called men and women! It was AWESOME. Like my sister says, General Conference is like the Superbowl for missionaries. We all gathered together in the relief society room of the church and everyone brought food and sodas and it was a lot of food. But the main highlight was being spiritually enriched and getting a little spiritual jump start! I absolutely loved General Conference and I am so glad we were able to watch it this weekend.

So this Sunday was the night of Transfer Calls. So the Assistants to the President or the Mission President himself will call us and tell us what's happening fornthe upcoming transfer period of 6 weeks. We got back to our house a little after nine o clock and we began to wait the call out. People we texting us saying were they were off to and we were still waiting. Through al, the texting we figured out what was happening for us. At about midnight we decided that they had forgotten us and went to sleep. But moral of the story. I am leaving the Celestial Kingdom of Midway Ward and heading a little north to Chicago 2nd Ward. I will be leaving Elder Garcia in midway and he will receive 2 new greenies! I will be paired with Elder Farrer who was one of the new elders who came in with me. He and I both have only been put for 6 weeks so we are essentially training ourselves for this transfer haha it's going to be awesome I am super stoked.

One final thing. We have these investigators, Adam and Lilia, and they are amazing. But Elder Garcia told me to invite them to Baptism and Adam said yes! We have a date set up for him on the 28th of October! Lilia needs some more time but its perfectly okay. God is preparing them both, just at different rates.

I want to share my favorite thing from General Conference. Elder Hallstrom of the 70 quoted the prophet Mormon by asking "Have the days of miracles ended?" And I can tell you all that with out one single doubt, that the heavens are open and God is blessing us and giving us miracles everyday. We just need to open our eyes a little wider and look a little harder for the hand of God in our lives. He's there. He wants to help us. He will help us.

As always,

Elder Tracy

PHOTOS:
Exchange Day
New Winter Coat



No comments:

Post a Comment