Monday, January 8, 2018

Blessings and curses

Hola todos como estais vosotros en el día de hoy? Espero que todo os vaya excelente y sin frío ni nieve tampoco.

Well this week was interesting. Very interesting. To start. I got a super bad head cold on Friday I think and I perished this weekend. I got hit Saturday morning and we went out and did some work but I was so out of it it was a struggle. Just my head was super fuzzy.  I literally was thinking of just about everything but yet nothing at the same time. It was a very interesting experience. And that carried right on into Sunday where I perished again. We went to ward council where we had a great time and the people of the ward actually kinda helped us this time so it was good! We then got into sacrament meeting and I was dying through that whole process. Needless to say, we ended up going home after that so I could sleep. We then came back to church a little after it had ended because we had a lesson with an investigator and some of the homie moms in the ward were standing there and they asked us why we were back and why we had left. After filling them in that I was not feeling well, they immediately jumped in to concerned mom mode. They asked me what was wrong and they then told me that I looked like I had a fever (I didn't know you could tell just by looking but I trusted the mom instincts) we had had a lesson with one of the ladies there and her family later. but she said that she thinks it would be better if I just went home and rested. And that she would bring us some food in like an hour. #homie4life but today I'm definitely doing better. I am not dying yet so that's good.

We are teaching this nine year old girl Camila so she can get baptized because her family is all members and she feels like she got skipped. But we have been talking to her mom and her and they both really want her to be baptized. So, we started teaching her this week. We started on Wednesday we had invited her to pray that night. On Thursday, the ward has mutual and the missionaries have a meeting with the ward mission leader and so we were all there. But as we were standing there, Camila comes running up to us and is just super excited. And we are like what's up Camila? And she's like I did what you guys told me to do! We asked what that was. She said that she had been praying the night before, and that as she was, she began to cry and she said she just felt super happy. And Elder Osorio and I were just kinda like my goodness this is awesome! We congratulated her and and we talked a little about it and thanked her for sharing with us. It was just a testimony builder to me to see that God answers all prayers. No matter how young or old, simple or eloquent, always.

One more thing, I know this is getting long, but this week was just super awesome. On Friday was probably the busiest day of my life. And also the most food I have ever eaten. We started off by bussing over to the Hermanas (sister missionaries) area so give a blessing to an investigator at 11. Getting home at 1230, we received a call that there was a member from another ward in the hospital who needed a blessing too and we were the closest elders so we agreed and said we would get there. At 1, we walked to a member lunch appointment and then by 2 we walked over to a bus stop, took a bus and a train to the hospital, and then we arrived at this hotel room at about 245, gave a blessing and some words of encouragement, and then peaced out. Same route home. Arriving in our general area at 4, we went to another member eating appiontment where we also taught Camila. We then headed out and caught a bus at about 540 heading north to another investigator at 6. We taught him. Super good lesson. At 645, we headed out and walked to this restaurant and met some more members to eat there. At that point I was just eating the food to finish it. Shoving it down haha but super busy day. I came home, showered and crashed it was rough. But busy days are the most rewarding definitely.

Well, wow sorry this was kinda long ish. I hope that yall didn't lose interest haha but twas just an interesting week. I hope yall are doing well and that everything just goes fantastic this week. Love you all so super much!

As always,

Elder Tracy

PHOTOS
Elder Osorio and I rode the tandem bike in the snow as a tradition. 
I found this super fire section in the book of mormon and so I added some notes to it 
Elder Osorio fell asleep while we were having a conversation. 



No comments:

Post a Comment